Tribute to our eternal member!
Mark Philips has been a career firefighter and retired public safety diver for over 35 years. Mark served from 1979 to 2014. He has been the editor of PSDiver Magazine, a free online magazine dedicated to public safety diving. Mark was involved in and has taught and developed PSD specific workshops to improve the skills and safety of public safety divers in the United States. He will always be remembered and we will be grateful for all his contributions to diving.
Member of SDI/ERDI Training Advisory Panel
- ERDI Instructor
- ERDI U/W Crime Scene Instructor
- ERDI Body & Weapon Recovery Instructor
- ERDI Full Face Mask Instructor
- ERD Drysuit Ops Instructor
- ERDI Tender Instructor
- ERDI First Responder Water Safety and Response Instructor
- ERDI Firefighter Water Survival Instructor
- ERDI Still Water Surface Rescue Instructor
- ERDI Workplace CPR/AED Instructor
Mark Philips was also an SDI Open Water Diving Instructor with over 20 professional specialties. Some of them were Computer Diver Instructor, Search & Recovery, Full Face Mask, Dry Suit Diving, Oxygen Administration, Blood borne Pathogens and Adult and Child Emergency Care Instructor.
He has also been an Instructor for the most prestigious diving certification agencies such as PADI, IDEA, PSDA and IAPSD.
Mark Philips was a former faculty member of the Underwater Institute at Southwest Texas State University – San Marcos TX, and former instructor and co-developer of the Galveston Police Department Diving Academy (cleared by Hurricane Ike).